Friday, May 25, 2012

Eyes Wide Open Again

I'm still awake. It's 6:17am. I go through phases like this. I'll sleep normally for months on end and then spend a few weeks completely off the rails- going to bed at 9 or 10am and waking up at 3 or 4pm.
It's odd that I can't sleep considering I've all but given up caffeine, a vice that's held me close for as long as I can remember and probably will again.... Hopefully.
I sit up and watch YouTube, play guitar, smoke, listen to music, write, ect.
Over the past couple days I've become entrenched and fascinated with the Westboro Baptist Church, watching several documentaries online. It's beyond sickening to be honest. I don't know. I guess I enjoy a good train wreck.
Jade's passed out in the bedroom and I'm in my "office" of sorts writing this, eyes not yet heavy. It's strange that I seem to be more concerned with making drastic grammatical errors here than sleeping a few hours. I'm sure I've made plenty and that I've gone the "Yoda" route linguistically thus far.
I'm certainly not intelligent. I know that. I'm sharp enough to get by but not a brainiac by any stretch of the imagination.
When I'm left to my own devices for too long, I dwell on unhealthy things. I think about how far I've come in life and how far I have to go. I'm up for the challenge, I think.
I ran into a member of the Family Phunk band I had for years a few weeks ago at a gig in LA. He was playing with another band on the bill and I was playing with Jason Ricci. It was awkward at first considering I still feel greatly betrayed and misunderstood. We smiled cordially but certainly not like two people who had spent over a decade playing music together. I decided the bad blood needed to end. I took him aside and spoke to him. I told him that I was sorry for having to let the guys go but I had felt betrayed and treated unfairly in a disloyal manner.
He didn't seem to care. That's fine. I got it off my chest. He still didn't understand. No worries. It was clear he'd drank the Kool-Aid steeped in lies and misunderstandings. I hold no hard feelings for any of those guys. I wish them the best.
To be honest, I can't believe how much better off I am in the end. Losing the Family Phunk was a complete and total blessing in disguise. God closed a door and opened an airplane hangar.

It's clear there really may be no point to this blog aside from the random and occasional therapy.
I've decided not to censor myself on this thing and just say what comes to mind in the way and order it spills out. Unfiltered madness. Fun.
The sun is almost up now. I feel I may be nearing the end of this morning/night's diatribe.

I think too much, I joke to much, and I play too many notes... Still.

I'm going to go sleep with Jade now. I love crawling in bed with her.
Goodnight, readers... Whoever you may be :)

Streaming live from the Pit,
-Gino

1 comment:

  1. I think that Your to Hard on Yourself Sometimes. Your such a Great Guitar Player, Your Music speaks for it's self. I Can't wait to get Your New CD and look forward to seeing You Live again soon.
    All The Best to You & Jade.
    Have A Great Weekend !

    ReplyDelete